To find out the satisfaction level of employees toward their current job and enterprises, will help businesses able to evaluate human resources policies and its corporate image among other businesses in the Vietnam labor market. SHD Training & Recruitment Consultancy has carried out a nationwide survey called Vietnam Employee Satisfaction Survey (VESS) with the following details:
● Survey Purpose: To help businesses to measure levels of employee satisfaction in work and business... Since then, the Board of Directors has useful information in assessing the effectiveness of each department of the business at the end of the year. The results also help the Board of Directors and Human Resource department have timely adjustments in personnel policies to increase the performance of employees and help them stick with the business in long term.
● 7 reasons businesses should perform the survey:
During the global economic crisis and inflation are occurring, the enterprise’s Board of Directors needs to understand what employees need from enterprises to adjust policies to a more efficient way to survive and develop, compared to the competitors in the market:
- 1. Maintaining the spirit, work efficiency of employees: Vietnam employees often hesitate to share and express personal opinions. In the context of the global economic crisis, inflation, their morale may be going down. The survey will help staff morale, work and assured the Board of Directors believes in attention to the voice of workers, to improve working environment, policies and business.
- 2. Increasing satisfaction of employees => Increase customer satisfaction: There are some studies provide results that the correlation between two factors: the employees happy with work will increase efficiency work by making their customers happy.
- 3. Retaining talented employees: If a manager does not know the employees are unhappy about something, it is difficult to retain employees in long term. Talented employees are often looking for better jobs when they feel dissatisfied with your current job, rather than other employees.
- 4. Solving internal conflicts and problems: the survey will gather employee’s opinions on issues, conflicts have occurred, and then the managers have useful information to solve them thoroughly.
- 5. There is background information for the restructuring of enterprises: faithful comments of staff through anonymous survey will help the Board of Directors have reasonable adjustments in the process of enterprise restructuring.
- 6. Useful information to evaluate managerial level: survey results will partly reflect the management ability of managerial level, which assist the Board of Director with additional basis to evaluate the job performance of managers (together with other available survey result such salary survey…), at the end of the year.
- 7. To improve human resource policy with the lowest possible cost and high efficiency: Many people think pay raise will satisfy staff. Unfortunately, that opinion is not always right. If based on salary survey results only, the Board of Directors decides increasing salary according to the labor market. It can be costly for business but the result is not good as expected. The result from VESS will help to determine what factors are most important to most employee (probably working conditions, management style, corporate culture ....), So that the Board of Directors will set priority focus on improving the most important factors, to please the majority of employees before satisfy them on less important factors.
The contents of the survey: workplace conditions, training & learning policy, development opportunities, salary/bonus policies, corporate culture, enterprises image, workplace relations, employee loyalty, administration style of the Board of Directors
If the Board of Directors decides to evaluate other factors in deep, SHD will be able to expand the survey in accordance with the actual situation of enterprises and compared with the general market.
● Participants: Individual employee, or various enterprises in Vietnam.
● Benefits: Enterprises participating in the survey will be provided own survey result in order to compare the result of total Vietnam market
- Survey commenced: April - August 2012
- Survey result announcement date: October 2012.
- Survey method: online, and paper & pen (with extra cost)
- Cost to participate: Free for all enterprises in Vietnam
If business needs are examined in-depth, or the results of a detailed report to the business situation will be surveyed by SHD expert advice to get a reasonable service fee.
- Security: SHD committed to protecting any information you provide and use only for purposes of Vess survey. SHD only provide the results of each business survey compared the results of the whole country (or industry) and absolutely do not provide results of a survey of businesses to other businesses.
To facilitate the consulting business related issues, you please contact Consultant Survey of SHD follows:
Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Tram - Survey Executive
Tel :(08) 3925 3121 - Ext: 499
Register participation Click here